Friday 5 February 2010

When the same personalities collide


Stubborn, who me?

Yesterday I had a little argument with my favourite humat and as a result we both ended up being annoyed with each other. I'm not going to mention who's was at fault here and who was responsible for the little misunderstanding (after all we all make mistakes humats or kitties, don't we now?) but simply I want to mention that often when you are sharing the same personality with the person you live with this often can lead to a lot of problems...

You see, I strongly believe that us and our humats we are often sharing the same personality traits, which it is the reason why we are so compatible (serious talk here...the result of being the assistant of a professional humat) and we are forming such good relationships, relationships that humats sometimes they can't even have with other humats. This is why humats they like us, appreciate us and get so attached to us. Which, in general, is a good thing as it means that humats treats us as equals and even in some cases as better than equals (a little pampering doesn't hurt anyone especially us kitties).

The problem arises though when these similarities can lead to unpleasant situations, for example when both protagonists (whooa I didn't know that I know that word...who is a clever kitty then?) are sharing a trait that is not considered as a positive one...let's say for example that both are very very stubborn. This can only lead to trouble sometimes!

I'm well known for my stubbornness and determination something that my humat is also known for and which in some occasions has lead to rather unpleasant situations. After all accidents do happen and there is no reason to blame anyone for them...So when I make clear to the humat that I don't require any cleaning after a little accident I expect her to respect my wishes....but no, not my humat! Oh no, she has to clean me thoroughly without taking into consideration my own wishes...and in the end somebody ends up getting hurt and I, being told off...

If only she wasn't so bl***y stubborn....Oh well that was in the past and today things have got back to normal again (phewww)...as we both had to apologize to each other.

But situations like these often make you wonder...maybe it is not a good thing that we both are very similar but then again if she didn't understand me that well then perhaps I wouldn't have being the way I'm today (hmmm deep thinking here!). Well the important thing is that despite everything deep down she knows that I'm the one who is in charge at home anyway, not like the other humat who has not a clue or understands a lot about kitty psychology or behaviour...he is a typical humat you see, unfortunately...Anyway things are not really bad anyway if you think about it, even after our little arguments since humat apologizes with little treats and nice belly rubs...purrs for now!


No comments: